Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Teapot Cake

“Better a neighbour nearby than a brother far away” Prov 27:10. This verse speaks clearly to me & my family as we do not have family staying in Australia. A good neighbour means even more to us!! We are very blessed with a wonderful, helpful and thoughtful neighbour next to us. Their live have shown us what a real love God wants us to show to other. Neither to say they help us in all areas. As the Christmas season is approaching, I want to bake them a nice cake a a token of my appreciation for their friendship and love. I came across some teapot cakes recently and thought it would be good to give it a try.

IMG_4536

I’m not good in carving cake at all, so the shape of the teapot is not really perfect and nice. I am trying to duplicate a China Teapot that I saw in the net. Love the drawing and the elegant look of it. Too bad this is the best I can come out with in my teapot cake.

IMG_4545

What I enjoyed the most is the painting on the teapot. It brings back a lot of childhood memory. Only then I realised that now long I haven’t been doing painting!!

IMG_4540

A lot of improvement needed for my shape cake. I hope I will be able to learn some skills on carving and covering shape cakes in future.

IMG_4547

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is lovely! I will most def. share your website around! :)

    ReplyDelete

The BookDepository