Saturday, September 19, 2009

30th Birthday Cupcakes

Few days after I sent out Sugar Rattle’s brochure and web site, Jo from my church life group sent me an email wondering whether I can make her 30th birthday cupcakes. It was a last minute order, less than 2 days to prepare but I took up the order. My pleasure to make the cupcakes for this lovely friend of mine. She wanted 34 vanilla cupcakes, with very simple buttercream design.
I am not too good with buttercream pipping, so I tried to add in some fondant design in some of the cupcakes. There’s 3 designs all together. Most satisfied with the fondant covered cupcakes. They are covered with white chocolate fondant and I draw some pattern on top of the fondant with icing.
IMG_6351 IMG_6344IMG_6349 
I put chocolate ganache swirl for the 4 cupcakes in the middle and cover with a “Happy Birthday Jo” fondant plat.
Was not too happy with the overall result but Jo is so kind to give me a very positive compliment. Thanks Jo! I will try harder to sharpen my skill in buttercream decoration.
IMG_6341

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BookDepository